The Coalition’s Advocacy Group started meeting in March 2019. The purpose of this group is to lead development of an advocacy strategy, raising awareness of Simcoe County’s needs with funders and decision makers at local, provincial and federal levels.
Chair: Lucy Gowers
Within the context of the Coalition’s Strategic Plan, the Advocacy Group will:
- identify and assemble research that creates a picture of the characteristics and specific needs of children, youth and their families in Simcoe County, including service statistics from Coalition members
- identify unique risk factors relevant to this area, including mixed urban/rural composition, high commuter population, Francophone and First Nations/Métis/Inuit community needs, disparity in resources between southern and northern parts of the County
- identify appropriate resources for communication and discussion with Council members and as a basis for advocacy work (e.g. transformation reports)
If your organization has an issue or idea for a position paper, follow the process to engage the Advocacy Group’s support.
- Connection To Community
- Digital Access for People with Low Income
- Basic Income
- Safe Sleep Practices for Infants V2
- Keeping Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit Together
- Living Wage in Simcoe County June 2019